Thursday, February 12, 2009

History Behind the Title

Many of you are probably wondering why this blog is called "Knep Dawg's Kennel". It makes absolutely no sense. As mentioned in the description on the homepage, Knep Dawg was a nick name given to me during high school. It has stuck ever since. It's only coincidence that I ended up going to UMBC, home of the Big Dawgs. The story behind the kennel is a stranger one. Let me elaborate:
One day in pep band during one of the basketball games, I was talking with one of the other trumpet players. I mentioned my nickname that I had back in high school, and told him that it referred to the "gangsta" side of my personality. He laughed. I'm as white as printer paper.
We got to talking and joking about my nickname, saying how I could open up a night club and call it Knep Dawg's Kennel. Very appealing name, I know.
Later that night I checked Facebook, and lo and behold, my friend had made group for Knep Dawg's Kennel. Since then, the name's been stuck in my head, and I thought, that would make a good name for a blog. The rest is history. Enjoy.

-- Knep Dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment